Imperial Knight is the fifth episode of the How NOT to Summon a Demon Lord series. It aired on August 2, 2018.
The Kingdom of Greenwood demands that Faltra City hand over Princess Shera. If they refuse, it will lead to war, so Diablo meets with Chester Ray Galford, the Lord of Faltra City, and accepts a quest to prevent war from breaking out.
In Order of Appearance
- Rem Galleu
- Shera L. Greenwood
- Celsior (flashback)
- Chester Ray Galford
- Alicia Crystella
- Emile Bichelberger
- Gregore (flashback)
Differences from the Light Novel
- The bounty hunters attacking the room is omitted.
- Skipping the battle means that Diablo doesn't learn that Sylvie is a Support Sorcerer.
- Sylvie assists Diablo's group when dealing with one of the Galford's guards at the entrance to the central district is omitted.
- Galford never mentions that they received the elves' demands two days prior which makes the 10-day limit to stop the war actually 8 days.
- When Diablo goes to the weapon shop, the event is ended quickly and skips the explanations on the Grasswalker Blacksmith apprentice and why he bought the scythe specifically because it was an item he missed getting in an event in Cross Reverie.
- The visit to the item shop is omitted but implied in episode 7 to have happened since Diablo got potion ingredients.
- Skipping this also omits Diablo recognizing the shopkeeper as the NPC whom the Cross Reverie game community have multiple theories on her and her missing grandmother.
- Skipping this also omits Shera mentioning the elven treasure 《Hundred-Arrow Quiver》 which can supposedly carry 100 arrows but actually only holds 99 as opposed to normal quivers which only can hold 6. Diablo associates it with Cross Reverie's 《Quiver》 which is a common equipment in the game for Archers.
- Skipping this also omits Diablo mentioning his treasure vault/《Storage》 and wondering if his personal area.
- When the bounty hunters kidnapped Shera from the street, the attack starts with a flashbang grenade and there are an extra Dwarf and Pantherian attacking.
Differences from the Manga
- One panel on Ch.13, page 11 make a reference to the MAOYUU light novel.
- The top panel on Ch.14, page 4 had Diablo imagining Alicia in a hentai visual novel situation.